Application Deadline: 12/10/2018
Position: Logistics Assistant
Type of Contract: SERVICE CONTRACT
Expected Duration of the Assignment: 12 Months (6 Months Extension depending on funding)
Starting Date: ASAP
Languages Required: Turkish, English (Intermediate-Desired)
ABOUT KIRKAYAK KÜLTÜR
Kırkayak Kültür which was established in 2011, is a rights based non-profit organization, which has been producing baseline gap analysis and policy papers as well as conducting capacity development programs together with advocacy and lobbying activities for disadvantaged groups in Turkey and in the Middle East Region.
Kırkayak Kültür, through partnership cooperation with GOAL, aims to support Syrian Dom community who lives in Ş.Urfa and Gaziantep using the “Individual Protection Assistance Program” through a 12 months process (6 Months extension depending on funding). The project aims to connect vulnerable and marginalized communities to available state services and non-state services in Gaziantep and Ş.Urfa. Subsequently, experiences in working with the Dom population will be shared with state and other actors in the protection community and advocacy will be made for other actors to adopt best practices.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning commodity schedules for project activities in close cooperation with relevant project staff,
- Organizing, and if necessary, undertaking local purchases ensuring adherence to established procedures,
- Ensure documentation on receipt of goods,
- Liaising with the Suppliers for all local purchases,
- Maintain and update suppliers list,
- Implement effective control of assets, inventory and property management,
- Implement proper control and monitoring procedures for all contracts with Finance & Admin Officer and Project Manager,
- Daily check the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.), perform weekly checks, and keep it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions,
- Always ensure the security of passengers in the vehicle and drive carefully,
- Ensure that all vehicle documents and the driver’s driving license are valid and, in the vehicle,
- Ensure all passengers have all necessary papers before traveling.
REQUIREMENTS and EXPERIENCE
Education: University degree in Logistics Management, Administration and/or Social Sciences.
Desired: Minimum 2 years of logistics experience. Experience in humanitarian field operations is an asset.
- Experience in fleet and vehicle management.
- Experience in automotive vehicle operation, safety and maintenance.
- Experience in motor vehicle transport operations and/or related area is desirable.
- Experience in vehicle maintenance and repair skills is an advantage.
- Experience in international operations in a post conflict environment is desirable.
- High level of flexibility required.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Positive and professional attitude, including the ability to lead and work well in a team setting.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Valid Driving License is a must. SRC Documentation is an asset.
KIRKAYAK KÜLTÜR is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Women and individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a test and or interview. The organization reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates, please send a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter to the following e-mail address: email@example.com